• chevron_rightI want to make a change to the exterior of my house. How do I submit a request? (Updated)
    Any change made to the outside of your house requires approval by the Architectural Review Board prior to performing any work. This can include anything from painting, storage sheds, concrete repair, siding, roofing, windows, and much more. For more information on the Architectural guidelines, check out the Architecture section of the Rules
    To request those changes, fill out this form and send it to the community manager Karen Pangakis, kpangakis@sentrymgt.com . The community manager will forward it to the Architectural Review Board for approval. If the change requires additional information such as blueprints, paint samples, etc. contact the community manager at the above e-mail address to arrange to mail those samples to the management company.
General Community
  • chevron_rightWhat is the Fairfax County noise ordinance?
    Franconia Commons guidelines are in compliance with all Fairfax County laws concerning noise. After speaking with your neighbor and the issue is still not resolved, you may choose to contact the Fairfax County Police Non-Emergency Number at 703-691-2131.  You must make the complaint yourself.  The Franconia Commons Board cannot make the complaint on your behalf.  You may request to remain anonymous.

    Fairfax County residents and businesses are reminded that they must comply with the county’s noise ordinance and are encouraged to report any violations that directly affect them.

    Further information can be found on the Fairfax County website here:
  • chevron_rightHow do I register for pool access?
    Owners may register for the pool with Cellbagde by going here: https://www.cellbadge.com/fchoa/?register.  Tenants must submit a valid lease to Sentry Management before access is permitted.   Residents will check in with the lifeguards upon entering the pool, by giving their name and address.  Pool rules and regulations can be found Here.  Inquiries should go to Christie Beruete at cberuete@sentrymgt.com
  • chevron_rightWhat is the job of the pool management company?
    We are unable to post the pool contract online because they are considered private information, but here is the summary of the expectations for the pool company. If these expectations are consistently not met, please contact the head of the pool committee or the property manager.
    The pool management company is responsible for:
    1) Ensure safety within the pool area
    2) Provide first aid to anyone within the pool area
    3) Maintain water quality in conformance with the Health Department standards
    4) Clean pool house and vacuum pool daily preferably prior to opening
    5) Check cleanliness and toilet paper supply once per hour (depending on business of pool) or at a minimum of twice per day
    6) Check pool passes and require residents to sign-in prior to entry
Postal Service
  • chevron_rightI have lost my mailbox key ... now what?
    All mailboxes within the community belong to the United States Postal Service. If you lose your key, you must contact the Post Office directly and complete a Replacement Lock and Key Form. There is usually a fee involved with getting a replacement key. Our local post office contact information is below:
    Kingstowne Post Office
    5900 Barclay Drive
    Alexandria, VA 22315
  • chevron_rightWhat items can I throw away on trash day or recycling day?
    At any time, this information may change from the trash provider. Please refer to http://trashaway.com for up-to-date information. You may also refer to the community guidelines for additional information or guidance.
    Trash (Tuesdays & Fridays)
    Acceptable Materials
    Everyday household waste (i.e. kitchen and bathroom waste) is acceptable in your curbside collection container. When possible, divert recyclable materials from your trash collection container, and place them into your recycling collection container.
    Glass: Glass should be taken to a purple facility to be recycled (https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/publicworks/recycling-trash/glass). If you are unable to recycle glass at this time, you can dispose of it in the trash rather than recycling.
    Unacceptable Materials
    The following materials require alternative methods of disposal. Check with your local landfill .
    Hazardous Wastes: acids, ammunition, antifreeze, asbestos, car batteries, caustics, chemicals, dead animals, explosives, fire extinguishers, fluorescent bulbs, herbicides/pesticides, motor oil, paint, poisons, propane/helium tanks
    Electronic Waste: lithium ion batteries can create truck fires. If the material in which you would like to dispose contains a lithium ion battery (i.e. cellphone or laptop), it will need to be brought to a certified e-Waste recycler
    Construction Debris: concrete, brick, block and palettes
    Large Landscaping Projects: mulch, dirt, rock, stumps and sod
    Medical Waste Disposal
    We suggest collecting all used needles and syringes in a thick, impenetrable plastic bottle (ex. laundry detergent bottle). The sealed bottle can then be discarded in your regular household trash container. The plastic container is no longer recyclable once it has been used for the collection of medical waste.
    For unused prescription medications, please contact your pharmacy for proper disposal. Prescriptions should never be placed in your trash or recycling container for disposal.
    Recycling (Fridays)
    Accepted Materials
    The following items should be collected un-bagged and in your bin. There is no need to collect your recyclables using plastic bags. This makes it harder to process. Recyclables should also be clean and empty. Drips that remain at the bottom of a soda are OK. A half-full can of soda is not OK to place in your bin.
    Containers: Jugs, bottles, cartons, tubs, trays, buckets, bins
    Cans: Aluminum, Steel, Aerosol
    Cardboard: Shipping/Moving (flattened), Cereal, Paperboard, Frozen food
    Paper: Office, magazines, newspaper, books, mail, shredded (bagged)
    Unaccepted Materials
    The following materials should never be placed in your recycling bin for collection:
    Plastic bags
    Plastic foam
    Cardboard Collection
    A maximum of 30 boxes can be collected with your normal recycling service schedule. Boxes must be broken down and flat (preferably bundled and tied) before placing curbside. Should you need more than 30 boxes collected, a special pick up request will need to be submitted.
    Specialty Pickups (Call Trash Away to schedule)
    What are bulk goods?
    Bulk goods are defined as non-electrical, oversized goods that can be compacted in the back of a collection truck. Materials collected as part of our bulk goods removal service include: sofas, cabinetry, large furniture, mattresses, box springs, grills, lawn mowers, etc. Please contact us to schedule a bulk good removal.
    What are white goods?
    White goods and appliances are large household items used to perform specific tasks. These materials are all recycled after they are collected. Materials collected as part of our white goods removal service include: refrigerators*, dryers, washing machines, water heaters, televisions, etc. *Freon must be removed prior to collection.
    Please contact us to schedule a white good removal.
    Construction/Renovation Waste
    Any material that is used for building or renovation projects is considered 'construction waste.' Construction was materials include: concrete (powder or solid form), brick, block, asphalt, siding, pallets, etc.
    We cannot collect construction waste in our curbside collection trucks. Please contact us to see if your construction waste warrants a special pick up or is best suited for our roll-off dumpster service, which can handle large amounts of renovation or construction waste.
    Glass waste
    Glass is no longer a recyclable item with any trash removal service in Fairfax county. Please collect all glass and take it to a purple facility for the glass to be recycled. You can find a map of the purple facilities at https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/publicworks/recycling-trash/glass
    Christmas Tree
    Real and artificial Christmas trees will be collected on January 10th and 17th of 2024.
  • chevron_rightWho is our trash/recycling service provider?
    Both trash and recycling are provided by Trash Away (http://trashaway.com/). Their contact number is 703-339-4560.
  • chevron_rightWhy didn't my trash or recycling get picked up?
    Sometimes the trash or recycling companies get behind. Please check their website or call them for updated information on the status of the trash pickup. If you don't get a response, call or e-mail the property manger (Click the Contact Us link).
    If everyone's trash was picked up except for yours, make sure you followed all of the rules to ensure your trash gets picked up on the next pickup day.
    1) The trash is usually picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays except during some holidays and Recycling is usually picked up on Tuesdays except during some holidays. Check the holiday schedule for more information http://trashaway.com/hoas.html
    2) It is recommended that trash be placed inside of a garbage can at the various collection points throughout the community (usually near a mailbox).
    3) If you only have one bag of trash and recycling per week then you can put the trash or recycling out in its bag instead of a can. If not utilizing a can, please adhere to the following rules:
       a) Must be put out NO EARLIER than 5AM on collection day
       b) Recycling must be put in your blue recycling bin
       c) Trash must be put into black bags
       4) Cardboard must be broken down into flat pieces and secured so that it doesn't blow away in the wind.
  • chevron_rightWhat if my move out date does not fall on a pick up date?
    You may ask a neighbor to help you with your situation or you may contact the Property Manager at cberuete@sentrymgt.com to inform them that you need special exception due to your move out date.  The Property Manager will determine and let you know if an exception can be made.
  • chevron_rightMy neighbor put furniture on the sidewalk and the trash company didn't pick it up.
    Unfortunately, this happens a lot in the community. In many cases the large item is not put in front of the disposer's house, it is put in a community area or a neighbor's house.
    The property manager will provide information to the community whenever possible with the disposal of furniture or large items. Please talk to your neighbor to inform them of the illegal disposal. If this happens and you are not able to speak to your neighbor, immediately contact the property manger to report this issue.
    If you would like to dispose of furniture, call the garbage company to schedule a bulky pickup. Many times, these pickups are free of charge, but the garbage company may need to arrange for a larger truck for pickup.